No tags :(
Well let me start with saying that I love mini sessions and I love being able to plan awesome setups that you would normally not have but lately they have been the biggest pain in the butt! Why you ask? Because people don’t read our policies, simple as that. I’m going to be totally honest and tell you that the mini sessions are a quick buck for any photographer,they really are. It is also a great way to let new clients to “test” you out and it gives our old clients an opportunity to get more images without such a huge investment. You can say it’s a IN/OUT kind of deal. You get what you get and you don’t throw a fit b/c you are getting it at a great discount but every mini is not that easy. Between dealing with people who don’t read the policies and think “maybe my issue will be the exception” they become more work then they were supposed to be!
I constantly have emails and post hounding me on when the sneaks will be up and when will their DVD be mailed out after we have told them. People love to think that their mini session is top priority forgetting that I have other clients who have made a HUGE investment into their full sessions and feel I should set the full sessions aside to strictly work on the minis……….once again this is exhausting! With the issues we have been dealing with I feel it only fair that I limit my minis to clients and clients who have previously done minis with us. It’s the only way to avoid issues. I know issues will still arise when people feel they should get their money back b/c of their poor planning or their “special” circumstance but those issues will no longer be TOLERATED. I know it makes me sound so mean but I have to do what is in the best interest for my business. I am a small business owner whose is the main provider for my household. I don’t feel it is fair for my income to take a hit because of ”poor planning” or “special circumstances”. I am always fair to everyone and people don’t like to hear the word NO but it has to start being said more because rescheduling a mini takes more money out pocket and time away from my family, which is not acceptable.
The new policy for the mini sessions are as follows.
1. You MUST be an Lgp Client to get a spot for a mini sessions. This includes any clients who have previously done a mini with us and any client who has done a general session, newborn session, It’s a party session, or wedding. If you are NOT and Lgp client you can do so by scheduling a general session with us, after your session you get to join in all the mini session fun and our mini session pricing.
2. ALL payments must be made withing 24 hours of booking. I will longer make exceptions to this rule so please don’t ask me to wait a week or wait a few days because the answer will be “I’m sorry we can not do that. Please let us know when you are in a good position to book your mini session”
3. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS AND YOUR PAYMENT IS NON-TRANSFERABLE on mini sessions. We will be changing our emails and paypal notes to clearly state that once you make your payment you are doing so with the understanding that your payment is non-refundable and non-transferable and with you paying you mini session invoice you clearly understand that this in no way is this negotiable. If for some reason you can not make it to your mini session, sell it! We will not be taking the time to fill your spot but you are more then welcome to “hawk” your spot. The minis are like an event. If you can’t make it to the event you would not expect that event to refund your money just because you couldn’t make it or your plans changed.
4. No SNEAK PEEKS ARE NOT GUARANTEED! I love the enthusiasm from my clients after a mini has been done please please please understand I have to add the mini session edits into my already busy schedule and I can’t guarantee I can put one up or that everyone will get one.
5. If you have questions after your mini session you MUST email my assistant Yasi at email@example.com any emails to me will go unanswered because when I have to stop and answer emails about minis (which I do often) it kills my editing time.
I would love to keep doing the minis and doing them as often as I do but I can not continue to do so without everyone understanding these are the new policies. I did have posted I was scaling back but personally I hate to do so because I absolutely LOVE the mini sessions and I don’t want to be forced to stop because people can’t read the policies.